TNK-BP is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen in all the geographies in which it operates, both at its production sites and management offices.
We understand corporate citizenship as a company’s responsibilities before society and its stakeholders to create higher standards of living in the communities where we do business.
The key tenets which underpin responsible corporate citizenship at TNK-BP are the commitment to create and sustain a considerable number of jobs in line with or above the social standards in each country where we operate, consistent and steadfast compliance with local tax legislation, as well as other international and national laws and regulations, and the further development of the oil and gas industry in each of the regions where we do business.
Additionally, as part of our commitment to being a responsible corporate citizen, we strive to ensure the following standards are observed at TNK-BP:
• Compliance with all health, safety and environmental (HSE) requirements at a more stringent level than local requirements at each the Company’s facilities, as well as requiring that all contractors and suppliers meet these compliance standards;
• An approach of openness and integrity in communications with authorities, local and regional structures, public organizations, and other stakeholders;
• Participation in state programs to promote a healthy lifestyle, including programs against smoking, alcohol and drug abuse;
• Integration of anti-bribery and anti-corruption procedures in accordance with the most rigorous international standards, and consistent application of them in relations with employees, agents, contractors and suppliers;
• A responsible attitude to environmental issues and consistent implementation of the most efficient and relevant ecological protection technologies to balance our impact on the environment;
• Supporting the development of local production in our procurement processes, as well as supporting the development of competitive local supply through programmes to help develop local business;
• Implementation of all possible best-practice measures to facilitate disabled individuals to work effectively within the Company;
• Unconditional ethnic, religious and cultural tolerance in filling vacancies, and also with current employees in accordance with the Company’s personnel standards and procedures.
TNK-BP makes every effort to implement a responsible corporate citizenship policy through the adoption of relevant rules and procedures, their consistent application and regular training of its employees. The Company strives to maintain an open dialogue on these issues with other corporate citizens, state authorities and regulators and with society as a whole.
Additional information on corporate citizenship can be found in our annual corporate sustainability report.