The Russian Government Relations Division formulates the strategy of interaction with government bodies, manages risks and represents the company before government authorities.
The Russian Government Relations Division is headed by Alexander Gorshkov and is engaged in four areas of activity: Federal Government Relations (Dmitriy Pravdivets), Legislative Process Support (Vladimir Yarmak), Support for Business Development and International Cooperation Projects (Alexander Shibalkin), and Regional Government Relations.
The Division pursues the following objectives:
- Establish comprehensive interaction between the company’s headquarters, its subsidiaries and branch units, on the one part, and federal and regional governments, on the other part, in matters of subsoil use, legislative process and tax payments to federal and regional budgets.
- Represent and promote the company’s interests in cooperation with legislative and executive authorities in the course of drafting laws and regulations (and any amendments thereto) to which company operations are subject. Interact with responsible federal government officials on matters that affect the company’s interests.
- Support the implementation of TNK-BP’s international cooperation strategy and ensure effective communication of the company with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, various arms of the President’s Executive Office, foreign relations departments of appropriate ministries, heads of Russian representative offices abroad, foreign representative offices accredited in the Russian Federation, and governmental and non-governmental organizations from other countries.
- Coordinate engagement of the company’s headquarters, its branches and subsidiaries with regional authorities; draft and execute Cooperation Agreements with administrations of the regions where the company operates, monitor their implementation, and develop and support regional investment projects.
- The Division supervises TNK-BP’s charity programs, including implementation of social projects carried out by the Company in the regions of operations.
The Division employs 36 persons.